Thursday, March 22, 2007

Mmmmmmm

right on my funky brotha


GOONS
its been too long.........

today I'm finally on my own computer, which means I can post music that I've been really digging lately. some quality shtuff.

here's a few bands for you to check out

Built To Spill- Big Dipper
Built To Spill- In the Morning
Built To Spill- Distopian Dream Girl
These three tracks are off of one of my favorite albums, There's Nothing Wrong With Love.
Modest Mouse- Missed the Boat
This is off their new album, We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank
Pinback- Prog
This sexy, sexy, sexy track is off of Blue Screen Life
Uncle Tupelo- Graveyard Shift
Uncle Tupelo- Factory Belt
off of the No Depression Lp
Mars Volta- Live at the Horden
Part 1 part 2
Show I was talking about, if you want to know what The Mars Volta is, click it, really good, professional quality recording.

Summer Songs:
Fugazi- Waiting Room
Mighty Mighty Bosstones- Let Me Be
Mighty Mighty Bosstones- The Impression That I Get

Man, two cds have been really kicking my ass lately.

MODEST MOUSE- We Were Before the Ship Even Sank
I semi reviewed this, but I just love this epic journey. When you hear that crazy voice go "so long to this cold dead part of the world," you feel like your on the masts of rusty rotten ship on a tour around the world. Avast. Get this album you wretch

Stephan Malkmus- Stephan Malkmus
I was iffy about this at first, it seemed to indie and poppy for its own good. HOT DAMN was I wrong, as usual, his lyrics are amazing and creative and good. His lyrics tell exotic stories, and the crazy keyboard use is innovative and funkay. So different from Pavement, but sooooo good. I highly recommend, get it, get it now.

Stephen Malkmus- Baby C'mon


Pavement- Painted Soldiers


Stephen Malkmus- Jojo's Jacket


Crazy weekend; Friday, I went on a date to see Reign On Me with Adam Sandler. Came later, lefter early. I have to say though, this is a solid flick, and if your bored with the box office, then see this. Kind of predictable, but still fresh. ***

Saturday was a guys night out, and we found ourselves at the theater again to see 300. Now, I was out of my head for the first half of the movie, but that didn't matter: This movie was it. Prolly the best movie I have ever seen. The visuals are breathtaking, the fight scenes are fresh and the Spartans are the coolest baddasses I've ever scene. This is the smartest dumb movie I have ever scene. Never have I seen a film like this, and I don't think I ever will again. Seize the opportunity, take yourself to the moovies, plant your buttcheeks in the seat, prepare to lose your mind. *****

I am also reading the Rules of Attraction and Choke
read them

Finally, I missed Planet Earth, and when I went to check my vcr, it didn't recorded. This has to be the first strike in the upcoming battle of man vs. machine. Goddammit, I heard that this was breathtaking, I feel like a moron.

No comments: