Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Mars Volta, Old mixtape, Ect


Hey guys
As of today it is summer. a gorgeous 80 degrees. Perfect weather to sit on your porch and guitar it up on a unplugged Les Paul.



Now down to business
The Mars Volta:.
2 words.... Thomas Pridgen
This guys is a messianistic drum prodigy and he has taken over the kit. Based on reviews of the New Zealand concert, this band has been completely revitalized by this new addition, especially after countless bad reviews. I will try to upload any bootlegs I find of the new Volta
My predictions for the Volta-
A. I can guarantee the new album is going to be stunning
B. There live shows will be breathtaking
C. Omar's guitar chops will continue to become sharpened and more melodic
D. The band will continue to do what they want



I have put together a mix tape of some of the stuff I was listening in the Fall/Winter Season

1. Mason Jennings- Bullet
2. John Frusciante- This Cold
3. At the Drive In- Transatlantic Foe
4. The Thermals- A Pillar of Salt
5. My Morning Jacket - What A Wonderful Man
6. Mew- Eight Flew Over, One Was Destroyed
7. John Frusciante- Surrogate People
8. At the Drive In- Invalid Litter Dept
9. Band Of Horses - Weed Party
10. Sonic Youth- Reena
11. Band Of Horses - The Great Salt Lake
12. Mew- Symmetry
13. Wilco- Kamera
14. John Frusciante- Going Inside
15. The Replacements- Bastards of Young
16. My Morning Jacket- Off the Record
17. The Snake The Cross The Crown- Empires
18. Murder by Death - Canyon Inn (room16)
19. At the Drive In- Hourglass
20. Wilco- Jesus, Etc. 21.
21. Murder By Death- This Song is Brought To You By the Letter C and the Number 6

Modest Mouse- Dashboard


In addition, I will have 2 Ataxia records soon, which if you don't know, they are the band John Frusciante formed with some guy and some other guy from Fugazi. I'll be sure to tell you all about it when I finally get them. I really don't know what to expect cuz its pretty indie...

*note, there will be no Radiohead on here, because I'm sure you've heard of them

Stay classy, stay sassy, I love New York

No comments: