Monday, March 12, 2007

Sick Day Shuffle




sup goonies, today I woke up feeling like I was sculped out of poop (I'll spare you the rest of the details,) so I took a personal day off. My extreme pain is your miniscule gain.

so in order to raise yours and my spirits, we shall have a special offering of RX to help curb your case of the mondays.

The Loud Family- He Do the Police in Different Voices: A classic 90's alt rock song, great way to open an album
The Loud Family- Sword Swallower: A glorious song, expecially 4 seconds in, when Scott Miller goes "ohhhhh" and proceeds to take your ass for a ride
The Loud Family- Spot the Set Up: Featuring a funkay groove, this song is all about staying sassy and classy, I love New York!
Eagles of Death Metal- English Girl: A sexy song that features a guitar groove that should have been featured in the "King and I"
The Minutemen- History Lesson Pt. II: Smack dab in the middle of the Double Nickels on the Dime album, this song is pure soul. Instant nostalgia.
Pinback-Bbtone: Fantastic song. Get this album, "Blue Screen Life"
Jack Shit- Boney Was a Warrior: A delightful sea shanty that is inspired by the epic life of Napoleon Bonaparte
Silversun Pickups-Lazy Eye: A Sonic Youth esque song, I really dig the music video too
The Fratellis- Flathead: Not gonna lie, saw this on MTV and it was easily the best thing I saw all morning. Thats a compliment to the video and the song. They are Scottish.

The Mars Volta- Rapidfire Tollbooth (live): A magestic groove fit only for royalty. Elitist at the very least. If you can't walk more than 3 feet without getting naseuous, this could help you feel a little more important.

1 comment:

thatguyfromla said...

good post. sick days are always fun. fratellis are sick too.