Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Why I love Pavement



Ok so today's post is not going to be long (I'm writing a 7 page paper on On the Road)

Pavement is one of my favorite bands, which I'm sure you know by now. If I were to die tomorrow, I would only want to listen to Terror Twilight in my last few hours. I would definitely cry while listening to it. This is the summer band for me: driving up a dusty road, in the back of yellow beat-up school bus. Homicidal bus driver, arguing brothers, faux-baddass counselor.

Pavement- Major Leagues: One of the greatest (and most under appreciated) band on the world, Pavement made something special, unique and untouchable. I can't get enough of this band and this song-

Nothing gets better than Malkmus's lyrics. Lip bomb on watery clay, relationships hey hey hey, you kiss like a rock, but you know I need it anyway.

Pavement-Carrot Rope: Most positive song ever. You feel like a kid who just got brand new shoes, jumping around and such...


Pavement- Gold Soundz: I get teary eyed when I listen to this. The way Stephen sings "It has a nice ring when you laugh," and "your the kind of girl I like," goes straight to my heart.



Save the 90's

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Pavement too. I know this post was made some time ago, but.. great job. Stephen Malkmus is the forgotten godfather of much of today's music.